Saturday, September 10, 2011

The morning after



I think part of growing up is really seeing different people get drunk, smoke, and just make complete idiots of themselves. I say seeing and not being because not everyone has to experience getting drunk in order to "grow up"(well thats in my opinion) - The truth is you just see it. whether you take part of it or not, thats up to you.

This entry is about the people who cross the line from just seeing to being. I write this because its taboo, and people can discriminate or worry about being discriminated.  I write this because my friend apologized to me for being drunk during my birthday.

The thing is, Sometimes I just lose control and I go to sleep and I wake up feeling like a complete dumb ass the next day. and more often than not, I probably was acting like one. So I'd feel ashamed. I don't think I'm the only one who's ever felt this way. I know so many people who talk to me about feeling regret, being beaten up and stuff. They feel sad with themselves the whole day/week after. I used to be that way, but after some time I realized how wrong that is. I think thats even more wrong than getting wasted and being a complete fool.

why? because being intoxicated and acting funny happens. It happens to many people - Hell, just cause you were an idiot for one night doesn't make you completely worthless. I wish I could tell people "It's okay, it happens" sometimes you just need someone to tell you that.

Sometimes you hold back or feel ashamed because you don't want to be labeled as something negative. But the thing is, the people who use these labels, maybe they just know one aspect of your life. They don't know the whole picture. you are the only one who knows the whole picture. You already know it, so don't beat yourself up. the world is already doing much of that without your help.

 one day I know I'm just going to be old and wrinkly, probably knitting or something, and I know I would just remember it and be happy. I'm not going to remember all my worries, I'm just going to remember being young, and making the most of it. We should all make the most of it. 

just to add to that, this entry isn't about being a shameless drunk. making the most out of it doesn't automatically mean going to wild parties. It could be THAT, and it could be other things as well. collecting socks, playing tetris, grooming your dog..


To each, his own.

whatever your thing is, as long as you dont hurt anyone, never apologize for having a good time. Allow yourself to be happy! and if you have regrets, than just let it go and don't do it again.

Sometimes I lose my balance - but its okay. I'll read a book, have some tea, take a walk, or spend time with my family.Theres always something you can do. Don't mind what people say, because in the long run you'll be fine. You'll be good.
so to my friend who texted me, don't be sorry! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment